Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Magic of a Massage

Yesterday I got a massage.  I am not the type of person who usually goes for a massage, but had a gift card.  It's not that I don't enjoy massages, it's just that in my head it seems strange to just get a massage and go home or get a massage and go back to work.  So, I have gotten massages only on vacation or after a major event.  My sister gifted me a massage three years ago.  When I went to use the gift card there was a mix up and the massage therapist didn't show up.  When they offered to rebook the massage it was free.  Since then this studio has just been a hassle to book at. Also, I am bad at making appointments for myself unless there is a pressing need.  I had a full day off and decided it was a perfect day for a massage.
As I waited for the massage therapist to take me back, I got to thinking...since I am smaller, there is less of me to massage. Which kind of means I get a more focused massage.  That's a nice perk of weighing less.
Toward the end of my massage, which was wonderful, I was thinking about how much self love I felt.  Something about my massage made me want to only put really good foods in my body.  I don't mean really good like Girl Scout cookies.  I mean really good like fresh, home made, natural ingredients.  Since my massage, every time I go to eat something, I think...this would be so much better if everything was made with love.  For example...my dinner tonight was a tortilla with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, and homemade mozzarella.  The mozzarella was yesterday's project on cooking with love.  I wanted to make my own marinara or after I had spread the sauce on, just use something simple like olive oil and herbs.
My massage really had nothing to do with my eating habits, but it's kind of amazing how a little self love through relaxation grew in an instant.  I am happier and healthier.  That's the magic of my massage...

No comments:

Post a Comment